TalentsEPL Our Client
Independent European leader in electrical and mechanical engineering and HVAC services, energy and communication systems.
Our Client is looking to recruit experienced nuclear safety engineer with the ability to provide project support and participate in the production of nuclear safety and site licensing documentation. Of particular interest are those individuals with national nuclear regulatory and licensing experience including an understanding of the regulatory regime and the processes and procedures required to achieve and demonstrate compliance.
Ideally highly motivated, enthusiastic, and self-reliant, you’ll enjoy working closely with clients on a range of demanding issues and developing relationships with vendors and regulators. Additionally for the more experienced candidates, you’ll enjoy mentoring and training junior colleagues to meet the high standards we require.
Work is likely to include some or all of the following:
- Creating effective solutions to complex regulatory problems
- Assisting clients with regulatory interfaces delivering solutions
- Writing and reviewing high quality technical and safety reports
- Working within and leading teams from across the Client firm
- Defining requirements, developing strategies, managing projects within quality, cost, programme goals.
- Developing strong client relationships to facilitate further safety work within the nuclear new build programme
Suitable candidates will possess the following qualifications, experience and personal qualities:
- First degree qualified with a relevant post graduate qualification
- Previous relevant experience in the nuclear industry either in Europe or overseas
- Significant working knowledge in a nuclear safety and / or regulatory environment
- Knowledge or/and understanding of European nuclear safety legislation and experience in the preparation of nuclear safety cases for design and construction projects including deterministic and/or probabilistic analysis
- Strong verbal, presentational and report writing skills; strong team-work skills including collaborative working in multi-disciplinary teams
- Good understanding of working in a commercial environment
- Thrive on working in a fast moving client facing environment
- Driven to meet programme targets without compromising quality
- Awareness of technical limitations and be able to involve others where required